Steve Milloy sums up the fight against human-caused climate change in 2021, here is his list of the ten largest failures.
- European wind died, and they had already closed their coal plants, thus forcing natural gas prices to skyrocket.
- In Texas, windmills providing 30% of their power froze and the Texas grid came within minutes of total failure. More than 200 people died due to the storm and four million were left without power.
- The UK Cop26 president, Alok Sharma, called on the world to “consign coal to history.” Instead, Russia, China, and India put off ending coal until after 2060. Joe Manchin ended Biden’s plan in the U.S.
- In one of the worst timed policy moves in history, Biden promised to ban fracking and he canceled the Keystone XL pipeline. He ended up on his knees begging U.S. oil and gas companies, the Saudis, and anyone else he could find to produce more oil and gas.
- The U.S.-based Nature Conservancy sold phony carbon offsets to publicly traded companies, like Blackrock, Disney, and JPMorgan.
- Joe Manchin vetoed Biden’s plan to federalize the U.S. electricity grid, which would have allowed him to outlaw producing electricity with fossil fuels.
- Western wildfires burned up Microsoft’s carbon offsets, which were forests in Oregon.
- Blackrock says sustainability (environmental) investing is nonsense.
- The Federal Reserve staff says no to Biden’s idea to use the Fed to kill lending to the fossil fuel industry.
- An Associated Press poll says the public is not interested in paying more to stop human-caused climate change.
See more, including the links, in the full article by Steve Milloy here. Happy New Year!